27 August 2017

a few more for the sale


This sketch of the Burton Cotton Gin is a re-do of one I did in a sketchbook a couple of years ago. We had driven to Burton to check out the museum, which was closed, so I sketched the gin from the parking lot. I 'm working on a set of sketches to sell at a special event in Burton in October.


Another historic building in Burton is this train depot, though it is no longer located near the train tracks. All small town depots in our area are painted in this same deep warm yellow and orangey-brown color. This is from the end of the rectangular building.

These other items were from the bed & breakfast we stayed at in Burton, or the antique shop next door. I especially loved this metal cat on the front porch of the inn! One ear is folded; a few days after our stay here, we drove to McKinney, TX to pick up my new Scottish Fold kitten.


When I saw this doll, I had to sketch her --- she reminds me of one my grandmother once said I would someday inherit. When Grandma died, her older sister, not knowing she wished me to have it, took it home to Missouri. A few years later, Aunt Lucile developed dementia and we have no idea where the doll disappeared to.

11 comments:

  1. Oh, how well you run, Vicky! Very nice. The sketch of the Burton Cotton Gin is beuatiful. Love the colors. Love the books and the heart and the cat and all of them... and precious doll...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jana . . . . I'm trying to figure this out. 😜

      Delete
  2. Beautiful - love the Cotton Gin and the books (of course). Are these all originals you are selling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL -- I thought the books might catch your eye!
      I'm not totally sure, but I think I will have prints made off of all these (and maybe a set a notecards with some images) for this October sale, and save the originals for a different event later on. The owner of the antique shop who asked me to sell sketches at her shop would like to have a "meet the artist" event later on with wine and cheeses -- that seems like a better venue to sell originals.
      Where do you have your beautiful note cards printed? I wish Australia wasn't so bloom in' far away -- I'd love to have a long chat with you!

      Delete
  3. They are all great but I especially love that Cotton Gin and those books! You should have a very successful sale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look how far you've come. Your work is so appealing and print sales should be brisk. You're correct to save the originals for a reception. Lovely and I love Burton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope so! I'm working on a set of note cards today, featuring the cat, chickens, and peacocks that visitors to the B & B get to meet. Then I'm heading off to the printer's; not sure how many to print of each, or the pricing. Long learning process!

      Delete
    2. BTW, thank you, Leigh, for your feedback. It greatly encourages me that I'm on the right path. ☺️

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...